1. Cheyenne Mountain Resort’s Mountain View Restaurant doesn’t disappoint. True to its namesake, the AAA Four Diamond property boasts a Colorado fusion menu while looking out the glass-paned windows at Cheyenne Mountain. It also has a spectacular terrace and an open-air kitchen. It’s a favorite spot for Sunday brunch.
2. Overlook Café is the newest addition to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, America’s only mountain zoo. The alfresco patio café is the first to offer beer and wine. Situated atop the attraction, it provides a breathtaking panoramic view of Colorado Springs from above. Open April-October and weather-permitting weekends during the winter.
3. The Peppertree, an award-winning steakhouse, sits perched on a hilltop with one of the most incredible views of the city below. This fine-dining establishment prepares meals tableside and offers a wonderful ambiance. The pepper steak is one of their most popular dishes.
4. Hacienda, located in University Village, combines upscale Mexican cuisine called “Mountain Mex” with an impeccable patio view. Sip a lava lamp on the patio in the summer or enjoy it on cooler nights with the nearby warmth of the firepit. It’s hard to miss Pikes Peak and the Front Range staring back.
5. The Penrose Room, located at The Broadmoor, is the only Five Star restaurant in the state of Colorado. A jacket is required for this elegant eatery. Enjoy live music, dancing, and expansive views. Dress code required.